Throughout the year, a father and son duo of passionate winegrowers and a skilful team labour, for a happy few to have the privilege of exchanging and sharing our cuvées. We dedicate all our passion in the service of a Champagne which encourages dialogue, empowers humanity, sharpens sensitivity and suggests emotions.
How, from a unique grape variety and a unique terroir, can we bring to light all the shades our vines could offer to our wines?
This is the question guiding our work in the cellar, from the harvest to the expedition of the bottles to your doorsteps. Like an interpreter, our mission is to hand over to you what the vintage, the weather, the subsoil, the unexpected,… engraved in our wines.
- Identity : Premier Temps (First Time) reveals a notable stability for more than 40 years : made from 80 to 100 % of Chardonnay, the rest of Pinot Noir, 1/3 of reserve wine and a 24 month ageing, at least.
- Imprint : Fresh fruitiness style, lengthened by ethereal floral notes and amplified by the gourmet touch of the Pinot Noir.
- Friendships : Premier Temps is very appropriate for a friendly aperitif with no fuss. He will speak to every one’s sensibility to rise your senses and get the conversation flowing. It’s our definition of the “easy-going refinement”.
- Suggestions : cheese gougers, scallops cooked with citrus fruit butter, carrot, Emmental & toasted hazelnuts pancakes.
Current release : bottling 2020 / 62% harvest 2019
100% Chardonnay / Dosage 7g/L
- Identity : Tocade (Whim) is Premier Temps’s cousin, in Demi-sec version. The dosage is 32g/L, that is the minimum for this category of Champagnes, in order to keep a good freshness besides the gourmet touch.
- Imprint : Candied citrus fruits, acacia honey, a touch of minty scent…finesse and softness…
- Friendships : Tocade is far more adaptable than many believe : you will appreciate her with delicate deserts without too much chocolate, sugar or coffee, as well as foie gras or a fresh blue cheese.
- Suggestions : lemon meringue pie, hazelnut cake with crème patissière. About cheeses : bleu de Geix, fourme d’Ambert, Roquefort or blue Stilton.
- Identity : Lumière et Craie (Light & Chalk) is like our synthesis of Montgueux. 100% Chardonnay aged first in tank for 1 to 5 years and then several years in bottle.
- Imprint : Ripe fruit, a bakery touch and a nice finesse that let a charming freshness on the finish.
- Friendships : Lumière et Craie brings you where you want, from aperitif to cheese, or even out of the lunch.
- Suggestions : Filet of sea bream cooked with butter ; salmon sashimi with some droplets of fruity olive oil ; Bresse chicken with cream and boletus ; 12-month-old Comté.
Current release : 2019 / 100% reserve wines
100% Chardonnay / Dosage 5 g/L
- Identity : Our vintage cuvées highlight our favourite base wines we selected during the blending session. Always 100% Chardonnay with a very long ageing.
- Imprint : The long ageing of this cuvées condensed a unique tale, from one single vintage, that the bubbles will whisper in your glass.
- Friendships : All along a refined meal, Témoignage (Witness) goes particularly well with the Japanese way of preparing fishes with the Tataki cooking.
- Suggestions : snacked scallops with roasted pineapple. For special occasions, why not a roasted lobster swimming in a lemoned butter sauce. Very good supporter of our famous Chaource, also nice with a Ste Maure de Touraine.
[Cuvée temporarily out of stock, ageing in progress for higher pleasure !]
- Identity : Blending only of reserve Chardonnay wines, aged during 7 years minimum, and zero dosage. Patience talks to those who consider time like an ally. She invites to healing and meditation.
- Imprint : Both creamy and sharp texture, welcomed touch of salinity, infinite diversity of aromas… all your senses will be involved !
- Friendships : Patience feels comfortable at the table, for a friendly aperitif between connoisseurs and is perfect to build a whole meal dedicated to Champagne…but she also supports the loneliness and the stillness of an evening by the fireplace.
- Suggestions : A subtle balance between solar and landed cuisine will make miracles : duck with figs, pork with pineapple or veal tajine : the sucré-salé mix is perfect.
- Identity : L’Oubliée (The Forgotten) was born by some happy chance that encouraged us to rediscover how subtle the barrel vinification can be. 100% Chardonnay from a single year, with a 6-7 years long ageing.
- Imprint : The warm feel brought by the oak brings out the exotic accents of the Chardonnay from Montgueux, with delicate care, to let a lovely feeling of completeness.
- Friendships : The spicy structure of l’Oubliée allows you to make pairings with spicy meats and even smoked fishes.
- Suggestions : Smoked trout and chestnut espuma with chives, cob with white butter and almond milk sauce.
Current release : 2016
100 % Chardonnay / Dosage : 4 g/L
- Identity : Noir de Craie is an iconoclastic interpretation of Pinot Noir, living on Montgueux’s chalk in a 52 years-old plot planted with Burgundian vine stocks.
- Imprint : Noir de Craie shows a very multidimensional expression of Pinot Noir, with the unmissable aromas of the variety (blackcurrant, violet, wild strawberry) and the specific benefit of chalky soils (pomelo, red apple, pomegranate…)
- Friendships : Perfect for aperitif with a good Parma ham, or all along a meal that could be, for instance, dedicated to earth/sea dishes.
- Suggestions : Monkfish, ham and black trumpets. Sheltered roasted crayfish with passion fruit and violet sauce.
Current release : 2020
100 % Pinot Noir / Dosage : 3 g/L
[Temporaritly out of stock, next release : end of spring 2024]
- Identity: Our Rosé is exclusively made of Pinot Noir whose berries infused in the juice for some hours (“Rosé de saignée”), to give this deep pink tinge and lovely fruity taste. This release has been made also with 50% of carbonic maceration.
- Imprint : This sudden whim, very original for Montgueux, will let you surprised and even more curious about our terroir.
- Friendships : Poured at the aperitif, he will bring colour to your discussions. Poured for desert, he will conclude with energy and softness. Poured all along the meal, he will surprise you hosts !
- Suggestions : Braised ham, sweetbread, Prosciutto or jamón Bellota, skipjack tuna sashimi with fennel and sesame seeds, or even light strawberry pie with mango touch.
Current release : 2019
100% Pinot Noir / Dosage : 7 g/L
- Identity : Direct link with the family story, this still red wine is for us a very serious amusement that we create only on good years.
- Imprint : A lovely red fruits bomb, supported by a tangy frame and a very discrete tannin.
- Friendships : Our Côteaux Champenois is a “vin de copain” (buddy’s wine) that you should present to your friends, who certainly didn’t know that Champagne also produces good still wines, to amaze them !
- Suggestions : Key supporter of your summer barbecues, he will also be a good ally of an hot goat cheese salad or a beef tartar.